STABLE IS SEEKING AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director leads strategy and implementation of the financial and operational plans, and collaborates with the Co-Founders/Creative Directors on the advancement of STABLE’s mission and vision. The ED has a strong background in nonprofit management, proven leadership, fundraising and management capabilities and a passion for the visual arts.
To thrive in the STABLE environment, it is important that a candidate be creative, collaborative, a quick problem solver, and be able to manage multiple tasks. The Executive Director’s work will reflect STABLE’s values of Excellence in the Visual Arts, an Engaged Inclusive Community, Dialogue, Partnerships and Stability.
STABLE is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
STABLE welcomes applicants who further our mission for a diverse and inclusive community.
- A proven track-record and demonstrable senior level experience managing and overseeing a non-profit entity or division/program with exemplary financial oversight and fundraising accomplishments.
- Experience in strategy and implementation of annual campaign and/or other development campaigns. Further experience desired in large gift development and donor stewardship.
- Highly collaborative working style oriented toward team planning and transparent processes, but comfortable with decision making and prioritization.
- Must have a strong equity lens.
- A visionary leader with proven track record of bringing ideas and concepts to life in sustainable and equitable ways.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the organization remains in compliance with its non-profit 501(c)3 status, including necessary reporting, financial compliance, external review, and proper use of restricted funding.
- Ensure fiscal sustainability and a balanced budget.
- Develop, maintain, and revise organizational finances.
- Work with the Creative Directors in strategic design and implementation of giving campaigns, including annual campaigns, large gifts, and membership development.
- Oversee an annual grant schedule, seeking new opportunities and maintaining communication with funders.
- Take careful stewardship of the property and lease.
- Oversee facility operations, maintenance, and leasehold improvements.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS + HR
- Lead Board in the strategic planning and implementation of organizational goals, development planning, and financial oversight.
- Hire, terminate, and oversee all staff. Approve new hires, promotions and raises, and continue to improve organizational policies and staff benefits.
- Align financial sustainability with programmatic goals and organizational mission.
- Oversee the Program Manager and Curatorial Committee to insure the gallery space is active and achieving its yearly goals.
- Serve as public spokesperson for STABLE, advocating in local, regional, and national contexts for STABLE’s values and mission.
PLEASE SUBMIT A COMBINED PDF with a cover letter, resume, and three references using the submittable portal.